Without further ado: Jeopardy!
I've used this both for semester reviews and chapter reviews. The kids beg to play Jeopardy review. I'm not sure where my mentor teacher got this from (if you google jeopardy review there are tons of templates) but I just took it from her. Any time I want a new Jeopardy game I just change the category titles and use PPTs "MathType" to make new problems. All of the squares are linked, and when the PPT is working at it's best the point values turn blue if they've been clicked. I usually keep track on a clipboard just in case.
The Set Up
- Students are in groups of 3-4
- Each group has a single whiteboard, marker, and eraser
- Each student has a sheet of paper
- Every student must copy the problem and solution on their notebook paper (label with B10 and E25)
- One student writes the final answer on the whiteboard for the group (rotate so everybody participates)
- When I call boards up you must hold up your solution to have your answer counted
- Groups can only gain points (there is no loss for being wrong)
- Groups can only pick questions worth <15pts in the first few rounds
- The groups select questions in order (group 1, then 2, then 3, etc) since many groups get the solution correctly
- In the last 5 minutes the teacher will select a question category and point value. The students will bet however many points they'd like that they will get the question right. The teacher reveals the question and the groups gain/lose the amount of points they bet depending on if their answer is right.